Once I complete the application, then what?
After making a copy of the completed application and absolute discharge (if you were sentenced to the Department of Corrections), file the documents at the Court Clerk’s desk marked criminal at the Jefferson or Javelina Court house.

The Court will send you written notice of whether your request was granted or denied. It may take 90 days or more to get your notice.

If the court denies your application the court will provide you with the reason for the denial. You may file an application for reconsideration.

Show All Answers

1. What rights are lost when a person is convicted of a felony?
2. Can a person restore their civil liberties?
3. What if my felony conviction was in another state?
4. What if I was convicted of a felony in federal court?
5. How do I know if I am eligible to restore my rights?
6. What is setting aside judgment?
7. Where can I get an application?
8. Where do I get a copy of my Absolute Discharge?
9. Once I complete the application, then what?
10. My felony was reduced to a misdemeanor, but background checks are still showing that I have a felony. Why?