Vector-Borne & Zoonotic Reports
- The Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH), Office of Epidemiology, and the Maricopa County Department of Environmental Services (MCESD), Office of Vector Control, collaborate to educate and protect the residents of Maricopa County against mosquito-borne illness.
West Nile Virus End of Year Reports
The WNV end of year report provides information such as the annual number of WNV cases in Maricopa County, WNV activity by month, WNV rates per city, and number of mosquito pools by month.
Other Mosquito-Related Diseases
Other county reports for mosquito-borne illness are generated on an as needed basis.
- West Nile and St. Louis Encephalitis Virus End of Year Report (2017)
- St. Louis Encephalitis Virus End of Year Report (2015)
Mosquito-Borne Disease End of Year Reports
The end of year report provides information related to all local and travel-acquired mosquito-borne illness cases in Maricopa County. Data includes types/frequency of symptoms, locations of disease transmission, and characteristics of human infections.
End of Year Final Report (PDF)
Mosquito Sampling Statistics
Maricopa County Environmental Services Department (MCDES) Vector Control has an extensive mosquito trapping and testing program that enables staff to identify areas where there is a lot of mosquito activity and to detect mosquito-borne diseases. View the Mosquito-Borne Disease Statistics page for details.
For more data not found here, you also can visit the ADHS Mosquito-Borne Illness page.
Rabies in Domestic Animals in Maricopa County
- The last documented case of rabies in a dog in Maricopa County was in 1977 and was vaccine-associated - that is, the disease was caused by the rabies vaccine given to the dog.
- The last non-vaccine-associated infection in a dog in Maricopa County was in 1973.
- The last documented case of rabies in a cat in Maricopa County was in 1982 and was also a vaccine-associated infection.
Annual Rabies Assessments
View the most recent and previous Annual Rabies Assessments for Maricopa County.
Vector-Borne & Zoonotic Disease Reports
View the Most Recent Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Disease Report (PDF) | View All the Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Disease Reports