- Human Services
- Community Services
As a part of the Maricopa County Human Services Department, the Community Services Division (CSD) is responsible for delivering emergency financial support for rent, mortgages and utilities to eligible county residents. This assistance enables clients to transition from crisis into longer sustainability. To achieve this mission, CSD works with partner agencies located throughout the Valley to deliver direct services. This network of partners includes local Community Action Programs that provide connections to resources and support. County residents in need of assistance can fill out the online application using Maricopa County’s Client Portal.
Emergency Rental Assistance
Households in Maricopa County experiencing financial hardship may be eligible for Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance.
- The address of the home determines where the application should be made. View the flyer below for detailed information on where to apply and eligibility requirements.
Funeral Assistance Program
Maricopa County Residents in need could qualify for burial and cremation funeral assistance for the loss of a loved one. For more information about this program, please click here Funeral Assistance Funeral Assistance Funeral Assistance.
Home Improvement Programs
Through the Maricopa County Home Improvement Programs (MCHIP), the Division directly provides home rehabilitation and weatherization services to eligible homeowners in the County. The program relies on an innovative, centralized inquiry system to ensure efficient response time and leverage funding from multiple sources. Services offered include:
- Major/minor home repairs;
- Weatherization and energy efficiency services; and
- Repair or replacement of eligible appliances.
Legal Assistance for Renters
Maricopa County households facing eviction due to nonpayment of rent may qualify for free legal services from the nonprofit organization Community Legal Services. This program provides legal representation and advice free of charge.
Applications can be made:
- By telephone at 602-258-3434 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Rent and Mortgage Assistance
Maricopa County households seeking assistance with their rental deposit, monthly rent or mortgage may qualify for assistance. Households located in the cities of Glendale, Mesa, and Phoenix should contact the city for the programs that operate within those jurisdictions. Households in other cities and towns may apply for assistance from Maricopa County’s Human Services Department.
Maricopa County households seeking assistance with their utility deposit or electric, gas, water, sewer, and trash utilities may qualify for assistance. The address of the home determines where the application should be made.
- Households located in the cities of Glendale, Mesa, and Phoenix should contact the city for the programs that operate within those jurisdictions.
- Households in Maricopa County in other cities and towns may apply for assistance from Maricopa County’s Human Services Department.
Have a question? We’re here to help. Call 602-506-0589 or fill out the this form.